Friday , March 29 2024
Home / World Marijuana News / School Suspends Student for 10 Days for Smelling Like Marijuana

School Suspends Student for 10 Days for Smelling Like Marijuana

Marijuana School

High school student Jordan Evans claims to be wrongly accused of smelling like marijuana while at school and getting suspended for it – and he may get expelled.

“I feel like my principal and teacher could’ve handled it way better because they could’ve asked any other students,” Evans told Dayton 24/7 Now. “They could’ve smelled others, but they picked me. The principal made me take everything out of my pockets and made me take off my shoes as well as pull up my sweatpants and she didn’t find anything at all. I didn’t have anything at all.”

Evan’s mother, a registered nurse, was called to the school where she attempted to prove her son’s innocence.

“I took a drug test up to the school and I drug tested my son in front of the school and the principal,” she said. “They saw the results and they came back negative.”

She even took her son to have another drug test on the same day and got the same negative result.

She is concerned her son has been racially discriminated against. Her concern comes shortly after the school district examined relationships between black students and white teachers.

According to the school’s code of conduct, marijuana on a student’s breath carries a 10-day suspension and a recommended expulsion. Evans is currently under suspension.

“I’ve only been gone for five days, but being suspended dropped my grades down tremendously,” said Evans.